September 23, 2011

Clinched!

The Brewers became the first team in MLB history to win a division in both leagues (AL East in '82 & NL Central '11). It's a real thrill to have followed them through both. 29 years...wow that's some wait. From Yount to Braun I've seen it all. Braun came up huge again tonight with leaping catch for double play then clutch homerun. Matt Kemp might have near triple crown and 40-40 but Braun is going to playoffs with Prince, Plush, Weeks, Yovani, Grienke, Axford, and K-Rod! It was very cool how the team watched the Cards-Cubs game with the fans then celebrated afterwards. I felt a wave of nostalgia listening to them in '82 at the bowling alley comeback vs. Angels. I went to Milwaukee in '08, but this time around I'm more hopeful because of the pitching. All right Brewers fans get out your goggles! When I was ten they made it to the World Series can't wait to see how this turns out.

No comments: