December 30, 2013

Ringing In...

For someone who co-authored a second book on the Red Sox you would think I'd've spent more time blogging about them. Two trips to Fenway during a championship season sans family, but not a peep out of me. My whole crew did make it out to Citifield, and I can't wait for everyone to get a wee bit older for a fuller appreciation of the games. A) We will stay later than the fifth inning & B) the kids will be able to get from place to place on their own. The Mets-Tigers game was a nice treat. I thought we were seeing the eventual champs little did I know I had seen them already in New England. Baseball has really become a 365/24/7 deal with their own network and constant array of tweets. I've made it a point to introduce as many nephews as I can to games like strat-o-matic or Cadaco baseball, while I intermittently waver in enthusiasm for WIS. This year was the first since I was under ten that I didn't play a softball game. I might've even missed out on wiffleball. Hmmm. Can't let that happen in 2014. Honestly not a day goes by without thinking about baseball. Whether it's on a website, Baseball Digest, HBT, etc. Looking forward to more wild finishes and explaining the game to my two beautiful kids.

No comments: