March 30, 2014

Baseball Card Day 2014

 Somewhere amidst all of the winter storms, Cyrus and I took some time to open the first packs of baseball cards of the season. We are Topps snobs and don't settle for anything else. This year Cyrus donned one of my Expos caps and actually 'pulled' a Montreal card! It seems for the second year running the former Spos are a popular choice. As we stand on the precipice of another season I'm thinking the Rays and Dodgers have a great shot at the World Series. I was leaning towards St. Louis for the longest time but I think Mattingly might finally make it to the Fall Classic. The only time I correctly predicted both teams in the World Series was 1997, but I had the Tribe over the Marlins. Cyrus and I are watching the Dodgers vs. Padres (Crawford and Puig down on K's)  right now on the smartTV we bought the week before the Super Bowl. I refused to watch any spring training games. As for baseball played by us, it appears I'll be making my CT softball debut and Cyrus will be making his LL debut! So glad to have baseball back.

No comments: