February 27, 2007

Stadium #1 part I


Despite the Yankee Doodle hat you can clearly see where my allegiance for this game were. In the upper deck against better judgement I have incited the crowds more than once. The first time was when Bo Jackson homered off the Yanks and I was showered with pretzels. The second time in 1993 I pretended I was from Canada and bought a Toronto helmet and banner. I paraded from upper deck behind the plate to my seats in left field. I was greeted with a chorus of boos which only subsided when it was replaced by the "off with his head" chants. The Jays were the defending champs at this point so it gave me some leverage. As time as worn on I don't cause a scene in the Bronx anymore. I do wear hats of the opponents but I'm more concerned for the safety of those around me than I used to be.

No comments: