February 27, 2007

Stadium #2 Shea



My earliest memories of Shea are from a weekend of camping. While in Dutchess County we suddenly realized we had tickets for Mets-Braves. This was in late 70s or early 80s when they were both pretty lousy. Later on, we would go to about ten games a year. We did this until we got Nets season tickets but thats for a different blog. One of the most exciting games I went to was during Strawberry's first weekend as a Dodger. I've seen Bonds hit homers at Shea as a Pirate and Giant. I saw Anthony Young break a record for consecutive losses. We saw a four car fire in the parking lot while Pedro Astacio was in the sixth inning of a no-hitter. Someone put their bbq grill under their car. All of this pales in comparison to my brother seeing the Mets clinch the division in 86. He did not tear up the field but did receive some dirt in the parking lot.

No comments: