February 27, 2007

Stadium #1 part II


Not all trips to Yankee Stadium included pretzel baths. There are some other fond memories. My earliest was when my dad bought me a Red Sox hat in the 70s. On the way home from the game I thought it'd be cool if I put popcorn in the hat and held it out the highway. Well of course the popcorn blew out the hat, but I didn't forsee the hat blowing out of my hand. My dad, of course, bought me another Bosox hat. Also Red Sox related, at the behest of my mom we were calling for Lou Pinella's attention. He wouldn't come over, but we persisted. That is until Jim Rice came over to sign our program. Another time former Yankee coach Mike Ferraro threw us a ball during BP. In early teens we would visit the Bronx with Uncle Vinnie. His beer drinking put him on the same pissing schedule as my younger brother. Lastly when I was old enough to drink at the stadium I went with a group of friends. One of the guys brought his 17 year old brother. The 17 year was given a ball upon entrance for appearing to be 14 or younger. He was then served a beer for being over 21. Gotta love the stadium!!!

No comments: