October 16, 2011

Suds Series Duds

Not looking good for the Brewers after Game Six first inning. Already trailing 4-0...ouch. That's eleven first inning runs in this series. After the '82 series I said, "Damn you Willie McGee." It looks like this year it'll be "Damn you David Freese." The good thing is its only the first inning so maybe the Cards will finally go cold and the Brewers will explode over the course of the next two games. That's a big "IF" As I'm writing this Corey Hart finally does something...leadoff homer! I'm hoping Larussa gets swept again in the World Series, I'm even more hopeful he doesn't even make it that far. Ron Darling just said a three-run lead means nothing in this ballpark. As I explained to Shira, this is the reason I wanted the Phillies in the NLCS, I knew I'd be very aggravated if they lost to the Cards. *UPDATE* Chris Narveson is in, let's see if the Crew can comeback from 4-1 deficit...No Cardinal starting pitcher has made it out of five innings...The Braves slump allowed the Cards to get in, the Phillies created their own demise by beating Braves to allow Cards into playoffs. **Update** Five homers in first two innings...Weeks and Lucroy each homer...it's 5-4 Cards... *UPDATEx3* Bott 3rd...9-4 Cards...not much fan, not much pitching...feels like a beer league softball game...is the gong rule in effect...I thought this was a new pitching era we are in?!? *Last Update* Barring a ridiculous comeback it looks like Rangers v. Cards. A very memorable run for Brewers halted.

No comments: