October 7, 2011

Tony Plush F Yeah

I remember exactly where I was in 1982 when the Milwaukee Brewers won their only other playoff series. White Plains with my walkman on listening to the 0-2 comeback vs. the California Angels. Tonight I'll remember exactly where I was when Tony Plush aka Nyjer Morgan  knocked in Carlos Gomez to advance the Brew Crew to their first NLCS. The Brewers become the first team to make the ALCS and NLCS in baseball history, but they will face their heated rival and 1982 World Series opponents, The St. Louis Cardinals. I had a feeling only Brewers or Phils would win tonight after Yankee defeat yesterday.  In two nail-biter games that included some pacing and edge of my seat sitting, the Brewers prevailed 3-2 in ten, while the Phils lost 1-0 in a game in which Chris Carpenter threw a gem against his friend Roy Halladay. The Brewers game had all the makings of a choke. The announcers reminded us that Axford had 43 straight saves , the Brewers were 83-1 when leading after nine...well they coughed up the lead. But with Greinke warming up and Gomez on first I finally started to feel confident. Morgan stepped up and I was hoping he'd beat Braun to the game winning punch. Fielder and Nyjer couldn't even speak afterwards, but Braun composed said this is what you play for, it's fun isn't it? I still can't get over this, with Philly loss they now have homefield advantage as long as they play. As I was getting aggravated about Brewers possible blowing game I went into Cyrus' room and gave him a kiss, I can't wait to watch playoff games with him! As my mom pointed out Shira will have to have another baby since each time she has been pregnant the Brewers have been in the playoffs!?

No comments: